Ultrasound imaging uses high frequency sound waves to provide information about internal organs and soft tissue,such as the heart, liver, gallbladder, spleen, pancreas, kidneys and bladder.
At EastMed Radiology we perform a full range of ultrasound examinations on state of the art equipment:
• Abdominal scanning: gall bladder, liver, pancreas, spleen, bowel, etc.
• Obstetrics ultrasound: dating scan, 12 weeks Nuchal assessment, 20 weeks anatomy assessment, 3rd
trimester scan, biophysical profile for foetal wellbeing.
• Gynaecological scanning: uterine and ovarian pathology.
• Renal scanning: kidneys and bladder assessment.
• Thyroid scanning: for thyroid gland assessment.
• Scrotum scanning: for testicular assessment.
• Soft Tissue scanning: for swellings anywhere on the body, or foreign body localisation.
• Musculoskeletal scanning: we are specialised in musculoskeletal ultrasound and perform examinations of
the shoulders, elbows, wrists, Achilles tendons, ankles, knees, hips, etc.
• Vascular Scanning: assessment of the veins and arteries (aorta, carotid Doppler, venous assessment).
An x-ray image is produced when a small amount of radiation passes through the body. The ability of x-rays to penetrate tissues and bones varies according to the tissue’s composition and mass.Bone, which contains calcium, does not let much radiation through and results in white images on the scan. The lungs, which are filled with air, allow nearly all x-rays to pass through the body resulting in a black image.
At EastMed Radiology we offer a comprehensive range of x-ray examinations:
- Specific Regions